The American Numismatic Society invites qualified individuals to apply for the full-time position of Assistant Director of Administration. The Assistant Director of Administration is a critical member of the administrative and management team at the American Numismatic Society, reporting to the Executive Director and the Deputy Director. The Assistant Director of Administration will collaborate closely with the Executive Director and Deputy Director, and liaise with all ANS personnel.
Among the key tasks of the Assistant Director of Administration are direct management of board relationships, and more specifically board and committee meetings. The Assistant Director of Administration will also oversee the record-keeping of board activities, grants administration, insurance and benefits, employee onboarding, contracts administration, personnel policy management and administration, daily office and facilities management, online banking report generation, and other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director or Deputy Director.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal negotiation and conflict-resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Professionalism, integrity, and confidentiality are essential.
- Proficiency with, and ability to learn, software technology is a key requirement. The position involves notably the use of MS Word, Excel, Google Workspace apps, eTapestry, Zoom, and Google Calendar.
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will hold a minimum of a four-year undergraduate degree. Some experience with human resources, non-profit administration, and/or employment-related laws and regulations is preferred.
New York City, New York
This is a full-time exempt position. The ANS offers generous healthcare, vacation, retirement, and fringe benefits. Salary is commensurate with similar positions of the Society, and will be in the $50,000 – $70,000 range, based on qualifications and previous experience.
Please send your CV with a letter describing your interest and qualifications for this position, as well as the names and contact information for three references. Send applications via email.
For further information about the ANS or the job, visit the ANS website.