The American Numismatic Society (ANS) is seeking to hire a Curatorial Assistant, who will organize the disposition of duplicate items. The Curatorial Assistant will work with portions of the curatorial collection and assist the staff in cataloguing and in the de-accessioning process. We seek an energetic self-starter with the ability and desire to institute a direct sales and marketing program for the ANS, a non-for-profit museum and research organization in New York City. The successful candidate will set up and manage an online store. The ANS will provide training in registration, photography, and numismatics if needed.
Skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma required, BA desirable;
- High level of organization essential;
- Excellent digital and computer skills;
- Ability to work independently in a great curatorial team;
- Self-motivated, interested in sales/marketing (previous experience a plus);
- Ability to take on all aspects of running an online store;
- Interest in modern and US coins desirable.
The position is a full-time position based in the offices of the American Numismatic Society in New York City. It will be for one year in the first instance. Salary is commensurate with experience; very generous benefits including health and dental insurance as well as generous vacation days.
All applicants should send a resume, names and contact information of two reference letter as well as a letter describing their interest and qualifications for this position.
Application deadline: when the position is filled.
Further information can be found on the website of the ANS.